Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hauntings

I may just be crazy, but it is my unfortunate belief that the paranormal realm is just beyond my reach. Strange occurrences, (sounds, voices, dreams) just downright creepy feelings, tend to find me. Things that make the hair on the back of your neck stand at attention. I can't say I'm terribly fond of any of it. Sure, psychic moments are cool, and feeling the good presence of loved ones lost is a neat experience. But that feeling that there's someone or something right there with you, watching you, reading your very thoughts and feelings; is not exactly my idea of a "neat experience". Been there. Hate that. Like I said, this sort of thing happens quiet frequently to me. To make matters worse, I work in a building that is over a hundred years old. And I'd be willing to swear on my life that its haunted.
Tonight was a particularly active night for the spirits, ghosts, or whatever you want to refer to them as. My friend and co-worker Crissy and I, were sitting down at our end of the office and kept hearing something rattling through the pipes, and hitting the ceiling at random moments throughout the evening. Things tapping on the air ducts and the distinct sound of footsteps above us....we occupy the top floor of the building. No possible way there was just someone up on the floor above us because such a floor doesn't exist. In fact, if one did, I wouldn't think twice about the footsteps. And tonight was not the first night all of this has happened. Not to mention the countless times I've heard the faint sound of children laughing. This is a common occurrence at the office. And I hate it. And when Crissy and I decided to venture into the hall to check on the last sale, we heard an odd squeaking, slightly screeching sound, that sounded to me, an awful lot like a hundred year old bike being ridden down the other side of the hall. CREEPY.
I don't know about you, but that is grounds for me to believe that the freakin building is haunted. Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm extremely "in tune" with the "other side". Those in the world just beyond ours. I think they are right here with us, just in another dimension, un-reachable to most of us. But I'll leave that up for you to decide. Either way it freaks me out.

No comments: