Monday, September 18, 2006

Fuck-A-Duck

So, I've recently started a new job and have many new-found friends :)
amongst those is my dear Roxanne.....she's from England so she's got this killer accent that gives me the urge to lean across the counter and rip her vocal chords right out of her throat....I'm not jealous or anything at all.
Anyways, aside from her cockney accent, she's quite possibly the single most hilarious person I've had the pleasure of meeting. She has me in "stitches" every day!
Well, me, being in love with her accent, asked her to record my voicemail for me....I scripted it out and had her start reading. Much to her dismay, and my pleasure, our office friend came up in the middle of the recording and...distracted her...
So, my voicemail went something like this:
"You've reached the cell phone of Candace. She can't get to the phone right now, so please leave your name, number, and a brief message, and...........oh Fuck a duck! (followed by the incessant laughter of myself and co-worker Kim.) "
This is why I love Roxi.
I've never had anyone else tell me to Fuck a duck via answering machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man now everyone is going to laugh at me ..sigh.. oh well im glad i gave u a giggle and a piddle its what i live for..

love ya

Roxi