Friday, May 02, 2008

Tasteless or Obscene

So here I am again...
I've done the unspaekable...abandoned my blog, after so many empty promises of never doing so again...
My life is crazy and because I haven't been writing lately, I have no proof for you, but I hope you'll take my word for it. Even if it is a lame excuse. But, an excuse none the less. And the excuse I'm going to use for leaving Candyland alone for so long.

As usual, the mental slap in the face for not writing came from my dear friend Sarah. She didn't even have to say anything,not that she would(she's probably given up on me as a writer) all it took was a look at her blog again. Instantly, I felt a surge of sadness and longing for my own beloved Candyland. And a good twinge of guilt.
It wasn't however, until I read her post
Baking without Rlo may result in injury–Injury of others.
and tried to comment and assure Sarah that she's much better off without a husband anyway; that I experienced a much needed blogging reality check.
When I clicked on the link to comment, I was blocked by our inner office website filter and this message popped up across the screen: 'Blocked Content Analysis: Tasteless or Obscene'
I had to giggle and then of course, get by butt in gear and blog.
So yet again, I owe thanks to Sarah, my initial inspiration and the reason I ever even started blogging.
The best friends are always Tasteless and obscene...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tasteless and obscene are the ONLY kind for friends for me.