Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shoes

Another reason to add to the list of why I love Brent. He always reminds me of the little important things in life...

Me: "Hunting is expensive, I've decided."

Brent: "Haha...how so?"

M: "Well you have to buy your tag and all the equipment, and then you're always going to want better equipment, and all that stuff's ridiculously expensive."

B: "Yeah, well, you always want new shoes."

M: "But my shoes aren't hundreds of dollars."

B: "Well, I don't buy hunting stuff as often as you buy shoes."

I sat there for a moment in severe concentration and finally blurted out my horrifying realization.

M: "I can't even remember the last time I bought a pair of shoes....actually, yeah I can it was last OCTOBER for that festival thing I sang at. And I'm pretty sure I didn't get any for Christmas."

B: "Wait, I bought you those boots not that long ago..."

M: "Damn! I forgot. But still, I haven't bought any shoes in almost a year. And besides, you got me those boots in like January or February. I need to get a new pair of shoes!"

No comments: