Monday, October 01, 2007

That's how Faeries are made...


Yesterday, my mom, malt ball and I took a drive up the canyon. With Coke Slurpees, Cool Ranch Doritos and a camera, we set off into the mountains. We were only going to go a short way up to take some pictures with the leaves, but we ended up embarking on a 3 and a half hour adventure up Big Cottonwood Canyon and all the way down through Heber and Park City. We had a blast. Listening to old Irish drinking songs, practicing three point turns on steep dirt roads, and stopping at random spots to take pictures with the changing leaves.
My absolute favorite though is the picture to your right... Despite the fact that it looks like I'm humping this tree, I was really just trying for a sexy pose....and failing miserably. As I mentioned before, we didn't plan on going very far up the canyon. I was thinking paved roads, sidewalks and bridges. So I dressed accordingly, not bothering to change out of my boots with heels. When my mom wanted to take pictures of Jessie and I in this grove of trees, I quickly found out that heels and soft, moist mountain dirt, are definitely not a match made in heaven.
My goal for this picture was to have one leg wrapped seductively around the back of the tree. That obviously, didn't work out quite the way I planned. I started sinking, and in an attempt to keep myself from falling on my ass in the mud, I wrapped both legs around the trunk. My mom informed me that I looked like I was humping the tree and I started laughing so hard it was all I could do to hold on.
When we got home later that night my brother Alex commented that I took being a hippie seriously, skipping the tree hugging and going straight for the humping. I assured him that I was just practicing making tree faeries.

No comments: