Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Little Flame

Funny how one person can have the ability to command my entire world with even just a glance.
It takes but one word and I could be sent to the moon and back in ecstasy, or pummelled to the depths of the earth in despair. I have been robbed of free will.
It's not usually a bad thing...but at those times when it is bad, it's heart shattering. Hard to breathe.
I feel like a tea light candle caught up in a sudden hurricane. My little flame struggling to stay lit. Sometimes I fear that the angry winds will win and extinguish it. Leaving me in a cold, dark empty place.
But my wick is strong and I have friends that cup me with their hands and shield me from the wind.
I just have to keep fighting.

1 comment:

Lisa Johnson said...

You are so stinking eloquent! I wish I could express what I am thinking and feeling in words like you do! :D