Thursday, September 18, 2008

U2 and Ruby River

So yesterday, Brent text me and asked if I'd be feeling up to going out later. I immediately said yes because I love love love spending time with him, so he told me he'd look into a couple things and get back to me. We ended up going to the Gateway. He took me to see the U2 laser show at Clark Planetarium. It was SO COOL!
I love U2 and seeing the songs portrayed through trippy computer graphics in the dome theater was awesome. The whole being there with my Mountain Man, made everything that much more perfect.

When we left the Planetarium, he took me to Ruby River, and I had steak. It was so good. By the way, if you've never been to Ruby River, you have to go. It is seriously the best steak I've ever had in my life. They have yummy sides too. I got a Caesar Salad and a yam. The Yam probably isn't the healthiest thing in the world, but it's definitely better than a baked potato or fries so I figure, I did OK.

So we had a wonderful night. Ruby River holds a special place in my heart now too. A few weeks ago, he took me there for the first time. He had always raved about it and I'd promised not to go unless it was with him. Let me tell you it was worth the wait. Along with the incredible food, we had a particularly romantic evening. They played numerous country love songs, and when we were leaving, "I Can't Stop Loving You" came on. We walked outside, and it was playing over the speakers as we walked hand in hand to the car. Brent suddenly stopped and started digging change out of his pocket. There is a big fountain right outside and he turned to me, handed me a penny, and said, "make a wish!" So, pennies in hand, he grabbed me and kissed me right in front of that fountain under the moon. And while we kissed we made our wishes and flung our pennies into the water. It was so romantic. And a wonderful first experience.

So now, any time we go to Ruby River, I think about that night. How much fun we had, the sexual tension on the ride home, and the relief of it all, into the early hours of the morning.

No comments: