Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wanna swim?

I just got back home from swimming with my mom and the boys. And by swimming I certainly don't mean anything crazy like fully submerging myself in water or anything like that. Don't get me wrong, I love water. And on occasion, if it's hot enough, I'll get in the pool, but in Utah, the water is generally just too damn cold for that shit. So by swimming, I mean laying out in the sun at the local vicinity which houses a pool.

After nachos, hot dogs, and a smoothie, we were becoming exceptionally hot, so my mom and I ventured down to the poolside to stick our feet in and cool off. We got quite a bit cooler than either of us had anticipated. We were soon hollering at my brothers,

"No splashing!
No kicking!
No Swimming!
No diving!
No moving!"

We were half joking. At least about the swimming part, but when Jonah scooped up half the pool with his arm and covered me in it, I decided it was probably best to just stick to the chair.

Even though I ended up a lot wetter than I had originally planned, I had a lot of fun. I haven't been to the pool like that in a couple years. And I think I'm going to make a habit of going. It was nice and relaxing, which is exactly what I need right now.

No comments: